The deadline for the contest has been extended. The deadline for submissions is now April 15, 2013. This change was made in consultation with the Department of Education and in consideration of the lost school days throughout the commonwealth this winter.
No electronic submissions will be accepted.
Submissions must include:
1. The completed contestant application form. Click here to download the application form.
2. The completed and signed “Applicant Honor Attestation”, verifying eligibility for the contest and attesting that the work submitted is the entrant’s sole, original work-product. Click here to download the Applicant Honor Attestation.
3. Two typed hard copies of the student’s speech.
The first hard copy must include the following information:
The second hard copy should include only a word count.
4. A USB flash drive including the following:
(a) A video recording in MP4 format on a USB flash drive of the contestant delivering his/her speech. The contestant should be standing and the framed shot of the contestant should be at least from the waist up.
b) An electronic version of the speech in Microsoft® Word.
5. The USB flash drive must be marked with contestants first and the last name and name of the contestant’s school.
Submissions should be mailed to:
In Lincoln’s Footsteps
PO Box 3232
Gettysburg, PA 17325-0232
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions regarding the contest please feel free to contact us.
© 2012 In Lincoln’s Footsteps. All Rights Reserved.